Monday, February 28, 2011

Planting the seed...

I'm just a plain old classroom teacher...for now ;-) 

My principal sent an email saying our superintendent was looking for teachers to write little blurbs about innovative activities/projects they're doing in their classrooms.  I got to gush about the concept books we're making for students in Mongolia thru my friend who is stationed there with the Peace Corps, and about my use of Google Docs for both Writer's Workshop and responding to reading.  Naturally at the end I made a note to my principal that I had a million ideas from the 2011 ICE conference to share with anyone willing to listen.  The response?  I'D LOVE TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!!

This is good.  I'm an aspiring techie.  I'm starting grad school in a school technology program in the summer with the hopes of becoming some kind of tech facilitator.  Don't get me wrong, I love so many things about having my own classroom, but there are a lot of things I don't love.  Things that will only be exacerbated in the coming years as RTI and stricter standards roll out.

Then after school the tech facilitator dropped by my room and I briefly talked her ear off about all my ideas and shared some questions I had that I want her to pass along to the district tech guy.  I might have mentioned to her that if they are planning to pilot a 1:1 environment with either Ipads or Laptops that "I'm your girl."  She suggested writing a proposal for some grant money through the Education Foundation in our district, so I'll be looking into that while my kids handle the ISATs.

No comments:

Post a Comment